Word Clouds are a powerful, visualisation tool that can be used with open text questions in iVote-App. The word cloud will display an image of all the words sent in by audience members and arrange them into a cloud shape. The larger the word size in the cloud, the more frequently it was used.
Here is an example of a word cloud using an excerpt from the Winston Churchill (June 4 1940) “We shall fight them on the beaches” speech:
How to use Word Clouds in Live Polling Events
The iVote-App word cloud opens lots of possibilities during live audience polling presentations. For the most effective word clouds to be generated, think about using questions that require one-word answers. These are great when used as icebreakers or evaluation style questions. Here are some examples:
- · In a word, sum up how you feel after this presentation? (Useful insight)
- · How is everyone feeling this morning? (icebreaker)
- · Sum up in a word what you want to get out of today’s event? (Useful insight)
- · What is your one goal for this quarter? (targeted)
- · What makes you happy? Sad? Angry? (icebreaker)
- · What is the key thing you learnt from this course/lecture/lesson?
- · What’s the one thing that stood out from the article/text/passage?
- · What’s the overriding theme of the text?
- · What would your diagnoses be for the diagram shown?
The iVote-App Audience Response System allows you to create Word Cloud polling slides in seconds. Download the iVote-App PowerPoint addin and try the word cloud feature today.